Vacuum Frequently to Extend the Life of Your Carpet
Frequent vacuuming stops soil from working its way below the surface of the carpet pile where it is far more difficult to remove and can damage the carpet fibers. Consider Shaw Floors’ recommendations on how to best vacuum your carpet:
- Invest in a quality vacuum certified through the Carpet and Rug Institute’s Seal of Approval/Green Label Vacuum Cleaner Program
- For light traffic areas – vacuum the carpet traffic lanes twice weekly and the entire area once weekly
- For heavy traffic areas – vacuum the carpet traffic lanes daily and the entire area twice weekly
- For shag, wool and wool-blend styles, suction-only vacuum or a vacuum with an adjustable brush lifted away from the carpet so it does not agitate the pile
- For Shaw Floors Caress styles, select from a Shaw Floors approved vacuum cleaner which has proven to be gentle enough for the most luxurious of plush carpet
- For all other carpet styles, use a vacuum with a rotating brush or combination beater/brush bar that agitates the carpet pile and mechanically loosens soil. Test the beater/brush bar in an inconspicuous location before regular use to make sure it doesn’t produce excessive fuzzing.
For complete details on how to properly vacuum your carpet, refer to the Shaw Floors Care and Maintenance brochure.